Saturday, August 8, 2009

Nothing to Fear in Fearsome Particles

This week I finally finished Fearsome Particles by Hamilton author Trevor Cole, my first official read for the 3rd Great Canadian Book Challenge. Like his first novel, Norman Bray in the Performance of his Life, Cole weaves complex and interesting characters that both amuse and make this a fantastic read. This novel blends both humour with serious subject matter including the Canadian military in Afghanistan. Being a Hamilton resident myself and residing in the same neighbourhood as Cole, I read between the lines, sensing some local inspiration including some of the minor characters, but perhaps this was just my imagination. Cole is working on a new novel that touches on a subject that is near and dear to my heart, so you will know that this will be on the top of my must read list.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your first read for the challenge. Will look forward to see what you read next.

    ReplyDelete