Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Birth House is just lovely

I have very little left to read of this great novel where author Ami McKay knits a wonderful story of Dora Rare, a young woman who is married early and despite her husband's wishes becomes a midwife and healer trained by her beloved friend and pseudo-mom Miss B. This story combines tragedy and disappointment with humour. I find it has been hard to put this book down, reading well beyond the late night news, and then waking and wanting to read more. The author has a great website/blog where followers of this book can get recipes, join the OKS (you have to read the book to find out what this is) and get a sneak preview of the author's upcoming book - check it out at http://www.thebirthhouse.com/

1 comment:

  1. I liked this book too and maybe it's been too long but I can't for the life of me make a connection with OKS. Maybe if I check out that link...

    Glad you enjoyed this one.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete