Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Not your regular Noah story

I am about 1/3 into "Not Wanted on the Voyage" having read some more of it on our recent trip to the Pelee Island/Kingsville area of Essex County on Lake Erie to visit some wineries. So far, what I can say is that it is a bit of a "trippy" story about Noah and his family and the lead up to the big flood ... at least I think we will eventually get to that point. Right now a weary Yahweh is visiting Noah and his family, telling him of the terrible things he and his group of angels have seen in their journey across the world. Yahweh has brought with him a caravan of animals which I suspect will end up on the Ark. While completely based in fiction, Findley weaves an interesting and mysterious story about Noah, who is, according to Noah's wife's cat Motyl, who does some of the narration in the story, doing experiments with her kittens. He doesn't sound like the Noah of my bible studies. More soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment